2017/2018 Reflections Theme: Within Reach
Click here to download an entry form:
Formas en español:
Watch this promotional video to get inspired about this year’s theme, and think about what this year’s theme means to you:
Each year, students in grades PreK-12 are recognized for bringing the theme to life through visual arts, photography, literature, music composition, dance choreography, and film production.
CHOOSE & PREPARE:
- Choose the category/categories you wish to enter and how you would express the theme.
- Choose a title and create an Artist’s statement that relates how your work connects to the theme. This is very important, and a primary factor in judging the entry. It should be 100 words or less.
- Get familiar with the Rules & Guidelines for the category(ies) you plan to enter. Entries may be disqualified if rules are not followed! You can find the rules here (hint: scroll down to “Category Form and Entry Rules”). And look here for helpful hints and common disqualifications. However, please keep in mind that no student will be barred from recognition on a school-wide level. The rules are strict in case the entry advances to the regional, state, or possibly national competition.
- Complete an entry form, making sure you and a parent/guardian both sign it.
CREATE: Create your original piece! It must be new for this competition and express this years theme. Help from an adult or collaboration with other students is not allowed. (Adults: please DO help to package the entry properly!) Choose a title and create an Artist’s statement (100 words or less) that relates how your work connects to the theme; remember this is a primary factor when judging the entry.
ENTER: Enter your original masterpiece(s)!
WHERE: Enter in the official Reflections box in the Kenmore office.
WHEN: No later than November 17, 2017 at 3:30PM.
- You followed the category rules.
- Your entry is packaged correctly.
- The official Kenmore entry form is completely filled out, signed by both student and parent/guardian, and attached to the entry as explained in the Category Rules.
We look forward to seeing your creativity!
All entries will be showcased so stay tuned!
Submit your idea for next year’s theme using this Theme Search Form! Due by November 1, 2017.
NOTE: Under no condition may parents or students contact the judges to dispute the judging status of any entry. All decisions of judges are final.
Reflections Forms & Documents
Directory Listing for Position: Reflections